Rev. Charles W. "Chuck" Keller II EAST MONTPELIER — The Rev. Charles W. “Chuck” Keller II, born to Charles W. Keller and Venia Carrell on May 3, 1937, died Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019, in Tampa, Florida, after a long illness. Chuck married his high school sweetheart, Lucy Fuller. After completing his Master of Divinity degree at Northern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1966, in Lombard, Illinois, Chuck dedicated his life to helping congregations live out God’s love for all of God’s children. For over 30 years, he led parishes associated with American Baptist Churches, the United Church of Christ and other denominations in: Buda, Illinois (1966-1969); East Montpelier (Old Brick Church and Old Meeting House, 1969-1977); Addison, New York (1977-1987); Trumansburg, New York (1987-1989); and Plainville and Meridian, New York (1989-1999). During his ministry, he provided leadership in the Vermont Ecumenical Council and the Interfaith Council in Syracuse. Chuck’s other calling was to protect and to heal. He volunteered as a firefighter in seven departments in three states for a total of 47 years; provided care as an Emergency Medical Technician; volunteered with Critical Incident Stress Management teams in New York and Florida; and taught Pastoral Crisis Intervention classes in Syracuse, Cortland and New York City. Chuck worked as a chaplain through the years but was especially grateful to serve veterans and their families at the Syracuse VA Hospital, as well as serving as chaplain of the Central New York Firemen’s Association. In addition to his beloved wife, Lucy; Chuck leaves behind six children Lucy, Betty, Mary, Judy (Kochmanski), Nancy and Chuck; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents, two sisters and a grandson. A Celebration of Life service will be held at the Old Meeting House in East Montpelier, 1620 Center Road, Montpelier, at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 22. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the capital campaign for the Peace Village of the First United Church of Tampa, 4120 MacDill Ave., Tampa, FL 33607.