Warren fire

The remnants of a home on Cider Hill Road in Warren are seen after a structure fire.

WARREN — Vermont State Police say a clogged stove pipe caused a home to burn down in Warren.

The Warren Fire Department was dispatched Thursday night at about 9:30 p.m. to the structure fire on Cider Hill Road. Police said fire crews found the two-story home, owned by Richard and Harriet King, fully engulfed in flames. Due to the severe cold, icy roads and long distance to the closest hydrant, fire crews battled the blaze into Friday morning.

Police said the cause of the fire appeared to be a stove pipe on the second floor that was clogged with creosote and caused a chimney fire.

The home is considered a total loss and no injuries were reported.

Anyone with information about the fire is asked to contact Detective Sgt. Todd Ambroz at 802-229-9191.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.