BURLINGTON – The University of Vermont men's basketball team won its third straight game and…
BARRE - The Spaulding boys hockey team tucked away four unanswered goals in the final two pe…
EAST MONTPELIER - The undefeated U-32 boys basketball team limited Essex to four points in t…
LEBANON, N.H. — Dartmouth-Hitchcock elected five new public trustees and two new physician t…
BARRE — The Spaulding girls basketball team steadily pulled away during Friday’s second half…
After playing its last two conference games on the road, the University of Vermont men’s bas…
NORTHFIELD — Basketball fans in Central Vermont will have the chance to watch a living legen…
EAST CALAIS — Despite a year-long battle, the General Store on Route 14 has closed — but eff…
MONTPELIER — Those concerned the state hasn’t gone far enough to address $4.5 billion in unf…
EAST CALAIS — Despite a year-long battle, the General Store on Route 14 has closed — but efforts already are underway to reopen it.
MONTPELIER — Those concerned the state hasn’t gone far enough to address $4.5 billion in unfunded pension and retiree health care liabilities hope they’ll find traction this year with the Legi…
MORETOWN — Parents say they weren’t told the extent of an incident Thursday where a school bus with children on board slid off a snowy road and was hanging halfway down an embankment.
BARRE — A longtime advocate for affordable housing and the homeless has been appointed as the new executive director of the Good Samaritan Haven.
BERLIN — The Select Board just put a bow on a budget request that would boost municipal spending by 7.8 percent during the coming fiscal year, while adding nearly 9 cents to the town’s tax rate.
- Sanders distances himself from group backing his WH run
- Vermont Senate approves paid family leave bill
- Hope is rail line ready in 2021 for new Vermont Amtrak route
- School bus slides off road, parents told it's weather delay
- Balanced Vermont hands Hartford 1st AEC loss 74-57
- VT Lottery
- Bill proposes universal school lunches in Vermont
- 4th annual Vermont women's march Saturday in Castleton
BURLINGTON – The University of Vermont men's basketball team won its third straight game and handed Hartford its first conference loss of the year with Saturday's 74-57 victory.
BARRE - The Spaulding boys hockey team tucked away four unanswered goals in the final two periods during Saturday's 4-2 win over Rice.
EAST MONTPELIER - The undefeated U-32 boys basketball team limited Essex to four points in the first quarter and coasted at the end of Saturday's 57-39 victory.
- Liverpool fans already celebrating title after United win
- Conor McGregor holds all the UFC cards after comeback win
- Vassilev becomes 2nd-youngest American in Premier League
- Rust, Johnson help Pittsburgh rally past Bruins 4-3
- Chiefs have Jones, Titans have Humphries for AFC title game
- Cyprus police arrest soccer player amid match-fixing probe
- Man United set to be without Marcus Rashford for weeks
- Kyle Larson finally wins elusive Chili Bowl in 13th try
Phoebe W. Chapin BARRE — Phoebe Walcott Chapin, 81, passed away peacefully of natural causes on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020. Born in Providence, Rhode Island, she was the daughter of Walcott and …
David Maurice Rokes MONTPELIER — David Maurice Rokes, 84, of Hopewell Junction, New York, died on Jan. 16, 2020. He previously lived in Port Charlotte, Florida, and Montpelier, Vermont. Born i…
Benjamin F. Hoffman Jr. BRADFORD, Maine — Benjamin F. Hoffman Jr., 89, passed away in the comfort of his home among family on Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019. For a complete obituary and to express co…
In the 1970s, Greg Morrill bought a Super 8 camera to make films of his ski trips. A few yea…
POULTNEY — One of the first things you might notice when you walk into Mart’s Sporting Goods…
Snow day! The announcement draws squeals of joy from students throughout the school district…
Most of us have parts of our lives we may like to change. This may bring about negative feel…
I can’t wait till spring. Don’t get me wrong: I love winter. But I look forward to trying a …
- 'Out on Television' tracks evolution of LGBTQ portrayals
- Paris menswear: UK designers, differing styles mark last day
- Many options await Prince Harry and Meghan after royal split
- Well-wishers greet UK queen after Harry, Meghan announcement
- Screen Actors Guild Awards could offer Oscars preview
- '1917' takes top honor at the Producers Guild Awards
- Fire kills 8 at asylum for mentally ill in Czech Republic
We already have a shortage of child care centers in Vermont and now three in Montpelier are …
If David Zuckerman is a progressive, he should run as a progressive.
Three-and-a-half years ago, Trump bragged he could shoot someone and not lose any votes. It …
After reading about the proposed $48.5 million budget for the Barre schools, I found it quit…
I was in Boston recently and saw a long line outside a store. My hosts said it was the legal…
Myth: The AR15 rifle and others like it are "Assault Rifles" meant only for war.
Dear fellow Montpelier residents and Capitol Plaza customers,
MSNBC, Rachel Maddow, Lev Parnas, political cartoon
Small businesses face a critical list of legislative proposals this session that would raise…
Despite a strong economy at the national level, many Vermonters feel left behind. Across our…
- Spilt Milk
- Public Readings
- 2020 VWA Rutland Bridal Show
- The Telling Project
- Auditions for "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
- Patrick Ross with the Kowal Family Bluegrass Band
- Brattleboro Farm Stories
- From the Parlor to the Polling Place: Songs and Stories from the Suffragists
- Out of Sight... Out of Murder
- King Lear
Receive breaking news updates for news beyond the ordinary.
Games & Contests
Vote, compete and participate in Times Argus games and contests like the Best of the Best Reader's Choice Awards, the College Basketball brackets, Pet photo contests and more. Thousands of dollars of prizes and gift certificates at stake over the course of the year. Two or three emails a month at the most.
The Scene - Event Newsletter
Get updates on events, live music and things to do in Central Vermont and around Vermont, to your inbox every Thursday morning.
Vermont Arts Newsletter
Get news and features on Vermont artists and performers in theater, classical music, pop music, folk and opera. Read up on visual arts and what's happening with the local live music scene.
Times Argus Sports News
Need your daily fix of local sports news for Central Vermont? You'll find it here, with the daily Times Argus sports newsletter. For features, scores, recaps and photos of your local high school sports, auto racing, summer baseball and more, sign up now!
The Daily - News Headlines
With the Daily, you'll get news, obituaries opinion and features seven days a week. On Saturday, you'll get the Weekend Magazine version of this email, and on Sunday and Monday you'll get shorter recap versions of The Daily.