The regional men’s college hockey scene will feature a lot more hometown flavor in a few yea…
EAST MONTPELIER — Sharp passing, crisp cuts and opportunistic defense helped give the U-32 g…
MONTPELIER — The Randolph girls basketball team used a 10-2 run in the third quarter to earn…
BARRE — A Worcester man who was charged earlier this week for allegedly conspiring to traffi…
BARRE — A Waitsfield man was arraigned on a charge of lewd and lascivious conduct at Washing…
NORTHFIELD — High-scoring forward Amanda Conway and the Norwich women’s hockey team will hos…
MARSHFIELD — The state says it won’t be able to pave Route 2 from Plainfield to Danville for…
NORTHFIELD — The Norwich University men’s hockey team is ranked fourth in the country in Div…
BARRE — The murder case against Jayveon Caballero is on track for an August or September tri…
BARRE — City Manager Steve Mackenzie is making his closing argument for a $12.5 million spen…
BARRE — A Worcester man who was charged earlier this week for allegedly conspiring to traffic narcotics was back in court again Thursday for allegedly violating the conditions of his release. …
BARRE — A Waitsfield man was arraigned on a charge of lewd and lascivious conduct at Washington County criminal court on Thursday.
MARSHFIELD — The state says it won’t be able to pave Route 2 from Plainfield to Danville for two years due to lack of money.
BARRE — The murder case against Jayveon Caballero is on track for an August or September trial date.
BARRE — City Manager Steve Mackenzie is making his closing argument for a $12.5 million spending plan and associated ballot initiatives Granite City voters will be asked to approve next month.
- U of Vermont trustees choose Purdue prof as next president
- VT Lottery
- Suspect accused of kidnapping woman, son arraigned
- Many shades of meaning behind 'Medicare-for-all'
- Trial in capital killing case set to begin in late summer
- Editorials from around New England
- 23 from 13 countries take oath as new US citizens in Vermont
- Suspect in kidnapping and sex assault due in federal court
The regional men’s college hockey scene will feature a lot more hometown flavor in a few years, with two Central Vermont standouts poised to take their games to the next level.
EAST MONTPELIER — Sharp passing, crisp cuts and opportunistic defense helped give the U-32 girls a 31-26 victory over Williamstown in girls basketball action Thursday.
MONTPELIER — The Randolph girls basketball team used a 10-2 run in the third quarter to earn payback against Montpelier with Thursday’s 36-21 victory.
NORTHFIELD — High-scoring forward Amanda Conway and the Norwich women’s hockey team will host UMass-Boston at 3 p.m. Saturday in the semifinals of the New England Hockey Conference Tournament.
- Misbehaving owners hardly unheard of in pro sports
- Boeheim to coach Syracuse vs No. 1 Duke after fatal crash
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim to return for team's next game vs. Duke after hitting pedestrian in fatal crash
- Spring training gets underway in Florida, Arizona
- Blue Jackets acquire center Matt Duchene from Ottawa
- AP source: Marwin Gonzalez, Twins agree to $21M, 2-year deal
- Police: Patriots owner Robert Kraft solicited prostitute
- Machado attracted by Padres' farm system — and $300 million
Alberta Wooster Wood BARRE — Alberta Wooster Wood, 93, of Barre, formerly of Randolph, South Royalton and Montpelier, passed away on Feb. 19, 2019, at Woodridge Rehabilitation and Nursing wher…
Robert W. Gagnon NORTHFIELD — Robert W. Gagnon, 73, of Northfield, died on Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, at the UVM Medical Center in Burlington. He was born on June 4, 1945, in Fall River, Massachus…
Richard T. Lyons ROOSEVELT, Okla. — Richard T. Lyons, 94, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019, at his home here, following a brief illness. He was born Feb. 9, 1925, in Montpelier, Vermont, son of Andr…
Musical happenings in and around the capital city.
Red Scare in the Green Mountains
Right around Valentine’s Day, parents always crush me with questions about their son’s or da…
Let’s face it. It can be hard to get outside during a Vermont winter to get some exercise an…
When we’re filing out our income tax returns, most of us are focused on how much money we’re…
The only thing I dislike about New England is that whenever I have an inspiration about a fe…
- Fired Amazon worker with Crohn's sues over bathroom breaks
- 'American Pie' singer objects to coverage of ex's exhibit
- Hospital: 5 patients given overdoses may have been treatable
- Bakery On Main Introduces an Unsweetened Addition to Their Organic Oats & Happiness Oatmeal Cups Line
- Diane von Furstenberg fetes female Oscar nominees
- Smollett story shows thin line between news and social media
- The Latest: R Kelly charged with 10 counts of sexual abuse
Public parking needed
I voted 'yes' on the garage. It was not an easy or a quick decision. I spent a lot of time l…
It's tax time. Follow the money. It will assuredly lead to the truth.
I want to thank Republican Sen. Joe Benning for his support for Roe v. Wade (“The Abortion D…
I have a question for the city of Barre:
Well, well. The Donald (Duck) is now calling for unity and forgiveness now that he no longer…
Receive breaking news updates for news beyond the ordinary.
Games & Contests
Vote, compete and participate in Times Argus games and contests like the Best of the Best Reader's Choice Awards, the College Basketball brackets, Pet photo contests and more. Thousands of dollars of prizes and gift certificates at stake over the course of the year. Two or three emails a month at the most.
The Daily - News Headlines
With the Daily, you'll get news, obituaries opinion and features seven days a week. On Saturday, you'll get the Weekend Magazine version of this email, and on Sunday and Monday you'll get shorter recap versions of The Daily.
The Scene - Event Newsletter
Get updates on events, live music and things to do in Central Vermont and around Vermont, to your inbox every Thursday morning.
Times Argus Sports News
Need your daily fix of local sports news for Central Vermont? You'll find it here, with the daily Times Argus sports newsletter. For features, scores, recaps and photos of your local high school sports, auto racing, summer baseball and more, sign up now!
Vermont Arts Newsletter
Get news and features on Vermont artists and performers in theater, classical music, pop music, folk and opera. Read up on visual arts and what's happening with the local live music scene.