WATERBURY - Goals by Rachel Fernandez and Clara Griffin led the Harwood girls hockey to a 2-…
HARDWICK - Saturday's 68-25 victory over Northfield ushered in a new era for Hazen girls bas…
BURLINGTON — Generator announced Meg Hammond has been named executive director of the nonpro…
BURLINGTON — Langrock Sperry & Wool, LLP, announced three new attorneys, Eric D. Jones, …
WINOOSKI — The Vermont Works for Women (VWW) Board of Directors and staff welcome Rhoni Basd…
BRATTLEBORO — The Brattleboro Retreat announced the appointment of David Burke as the hospit…
BARRE — A Chris Weber moment haunted the Spaulding boys basketball team on Friday the 13th, …
The high school cross country ski season kicks off this weekend with events at Rikert Nordic…
PLAINFIELD — Residents want to start a committee looking at alternatives to the state’s prop…
PLAINFIELD — Residents want to start a committee looking at alternatives to the state’s proposed fix to the troubled intersection at Route 2 and Main Street.
BARRE — No decisions were made and won’t be until early next month, but a budget picture that just went from bad to worse in Barre has school directors frustrated and concerned.
The following is a sampling of calls provided to The Times Argus by Montpelier police in recent days:
BARRE — A Williamstown man has been sentenced for three burglaries, including breaking into LBJ’s Grocery in Worcester.
- VT Lottery
- Vermont man wants guilty plea withdrawn for murder charge
- Feds seize almost 370 pounds of cocaine headed to Canada
- Shareholders to buy country store
- Vermont's Bennington Museum appoints new director
- New England sees record number of loons in several states
- Heavy rains prompting coast flash flood warning
- 4 Vermont men charged with deer poaching
WATERBURY - Goals by Rachel Fernandez and Clara Griffin led the Harwood girls hockey to a 2-0 victory over the Kingdom Blades on Saturday.
HARDWICK - Saturday's 68-25 victory over Northfield ushered in a new era for Hazen girls basketball.
BARRE — A Chris Weber moment haunted the Spaulding boys basketball team on Friday the 13th, leading to a 59-57 loss against Middlebury.
The high school cross country ski season kicks off this weekend with events at Rikert Nordic Center on Saturday and at the Craftsbury Outdoor Center on Sunday.
- Tokyo's new stadium: A masterpiece by Japan's Kengo Kuma
- Mavs may have to face East beasts minus injured star Doncic
- Tiger Woods caps comeback year by leading emotional team win
- Tiger Woods wins opening match, Matt Kuchar holes winning putt in United States’ comeback victory in Presidents Cup
- Doncic injures ankle, Mavs rally, fall to Heat 122-118 in OT
- Antetokounmpo, Middleton lead Bucks to 18th straight win
- LeBron's worlds collide as son's team, alma mater ,eet
- Woods sets Presidents Cup record, Americans make their move
Maria G. Bonacorsi-Booth BARRE TOWN — Maria G. Bonacorsi-Booth, 60, died Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, at her home. A full obituary will be published at a later date. Arrangements are by Pruneau-P…
Jacqueline B. Lamphere BARRE CITY — Jaqueline B. Lamphere, 77, a longtime Cliff Street resident, passed away peacefully at her home on Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019. Her family was with her at her be…
Patricia Sue French ORANGE — Patricia Sue "Susie" French passed away on Dec. 11, 2019, at her home in Orange, at the age of 73. She was born on June 28, 1946, to John and Phyllis Connarn. She …
What if the best gift you could give was the gift of your time as a hospice volunteer for Ce…
- Sackler-owned opioid maker goes global with OD treatment
- Mississippi 15-week abortion ban is blocked by appeals court
- Audit: Medical system board was 'deeply compromised'
- FDA approves first fish-oil drug for cutting cardiac risks
- Sanders retracts endorsement in US House race after backlash
- 'Tree of Life' tops AP's best 10 films of the decade
- Impeachment saga is a quick TV moment after hours of talk
Friends of the Cutler Memorial Library thank the local businesses and individuals who genero…
Dec. 12 is Universal Health Coverage Day, a day for celebration in most of the developed world.
Here in Vermont, where pot is legal to possess and grow, the Vermont Legislature is planning…
The impeachment of President Trump is, no doubt, headed to the U.S. Senate for a "trial." Wi…
I was offended by the headline about the school shootings. The wording only attests to the f…
Thanks to the many people who enjoyed music at noon at Christ Church in Montpelier and donat…
Regarding John McClaughry’s column of Nov. 30, a few points.
I have a difficult time adapting to change. Nowhere is [this] fact more obvious than with te…
Last week, we remembered the day in 1941 when Japanese planes attacked Pearl Harbor and kill…
Our education funding system is broken. We all know it.
The topic of health care consolidation — or, the coming together of hospitals, doctors and o…
Receive breaking news updates for news beyond the ordinary.
Games & Contests
Vote, compete and participate in Times Argus games and contests like the Best of the Best Reader's Choice Awards, the College Basketball brackets, Pet photo contests and more. Thousands of dollars of prizes and gift certificates at stake over the course of the year. Two or three emails a month at the most.
The Scene - Event Newsletter
Get updates on events, live music and things to do in Central Vermont and around Vermont, to your inbox every Thursday morning.
Vermont Arts Newsletter
Get news and features on Vermont artists and performers in theater, classical music, pop music, folk and opera. Read up on visual arts and what's happening with the local live music scene.
Times Argus Sports News
Need your daily fix of local sports news for Central Vermont? You'll find it here, with the daily Times Argus sports newsletter. For features, scores, recaps and photos of your local high school sports, auto racing, summer baseball and more, sign up now!
The Daily - News Headlines
With the Daily, you'll get news, obituaries opinion and features seven days a week. On Saturday, you'll get the Weekend Magazine version of this email, and on Sunday and Monday you'll get shorter recap versions of The Daily.