BARRE — Two-way traffic will be retained, but for the next four weeks, motorists on Summer S…
On Monday, Rep. Peter Welch. D-Vt., plans to introduce legislation next week that aims to cr…
MORRISVILLE — U-32 and Peoples Academy ventured onto a field for the first time this season …
MONTPELIER — Capital City leaders are standing firm in the face of the threat by President D…
Baseball players at Harwood have some extra pep in their step after enduring a long wait to …
The Montpelier baseball team held three outside practices before its season opener at People…
OXFORD, Maine — The American-Canadian Tour will finally get rolling on its point-counting se…
WILLIAMSTOWN — An extended family is homeless after a Sunday night fire gutted their Hebert …
BARRE — Two-way traffic will be retained, but for the next four weeks, motorists on Summer Street will be diverted around a city-owned retaining wall that should be sporting a colorful new mur…
On Monday, Rep. Peter Welch. D-Vt., plans to introduce legislation next week that aims to create a “level playing field” between independent pharmacies and bigger, national organizations.
MONTPELIER — Capital City leaders are standing firm in the face of the threat by President Donald Trump to dump undocumented immigrants in sanctuary cities.
WILLIAMSTOWN — An extended family is homeless after a Sunday night fire gutted their Hebert Road farmhouse and an excavator was used to level what little was left.
- VT Lottery
- Regulators, lawmakers probe E-911 weaknesses
- Police recover weapons believed used in Burlington shooting
- A Catholic convent in Vermont's largest city is closing
- The Latest: Klobuchar stops short of calling for impeachment
- Fight for 2020 Democratic nomination moves to prime time
- Burlington police arrest 2 more suspects in city shooting
- Vermont getting $2.2m in grants to protect water quality
MORRISVILLE — U-32 and Peoples Academy ventured onto a field for the first time this season Monday and the defensive inexperience was evident during the Raiders’ 29-21 victory.
Baseball players at Harwood have some extra pep in their step after enduring a long wait to finally start practicing outside.
The Montpelier baseball team held three outside practices before its season opener at Peoples Academy on Tuesday.
OXFORD, Maine — The American-Canadian Tour will finally get rolling on its point-counting season Sunday at Oxford Plains Speedway. Once the season starts rolling, it will be a fast and furious…
- Prosecutor: Greed fueled college basketball coaches' bribes
- LEADING OFF: Sale tries to turn corner, Harper gets heated
- Urshela hits Yanks to 4th straight win, 4-3 over Halos in 14
- Suns fire Igor Kokoskov after 1 season
- Jazz stave off elimination with 107-91 win over Rockets
- Klingberg's OT goal pushes Stars over Preds to advance
- Nixed goal, rough 3rd period frustrate Ovechkin, Capitals
- Klingberg's OT goal pushes Stars over Preds to advance
Frank A. "Bud" Howlett ROCHESTER — The memorial service for Frank A. “Bud” Howlett, 95, who died Jan. 22, 2019, will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at Federated Church in Rochester. A r…
Freida Nadeau Garand BARRE — Freida N. Garand, 91, of Spring Hill, Florida, and formerly of Barre, died March 31, 2019. Born on Aug. 12, 1927, to Alex and Winifred Nadeau, of Graniteville, she…
Constance Hudson MONTPELIER — Calling hours for Constance Hudson, 89, who died March 24, 2019, are from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, April 26, at Guare & Sons Funeral Home. The graveside service wi…
The 2019 maple sugaring season has, for most, just ended in southern Vermont and New Hampshi…
Now is the time to decide where you should plant bulbs next fall.
Moulin de Gassac
I’m writing this a few days early; I’m not quite sure where I’ll be on deadline day. On the …
One of the most common questions I get from friends, family and community members is how to …
- War veteran Paul Scharre wins award for book 'Army of None'
- Feds: Ex-CEO is first drug exec indicted in opioid crisis
- Fox News to host town hall meeting with Pete Buttigieg
- Hospital settles 3 lawsuits in excessive dose claims
- Americans getting more inactive, computers partly to blame
- Brothers sue Jussie Smollett's lawyers, claiming defamation
- I robot? Ian McEwan tells android tale in 'Machines Like Me'
I understand that abortion is an extremely controversial and emotional issue and that some p…
Bernie, I supported you wholeheartedly in 2016. This cycle, I am running against you.
At USDA, we celebrate Earth Day 2019 by offering big thank-yous to farmers here in Vermont f…
Driving through Montpelier, the car keeps going bumpity-bumpity and that makes one feel a bi…
It was good to hear what a valuable service the owner of Central Market on Summer Street, Mi…
Saudi slaughter in Yemen, US Warplanes, political cartoon
Facts are in short supply these days, so we were disappointed to read Montpelier City Manage…
Over the past 28 years as a practitioner and teacher of primary care pediatrics at UVM’s Lar…
- PoemCity In Defense of Butterflies: Poets for Migrant Justice
- Bike Montpelier to Adamant with GMC
- Women's Ultimate Clinic
- WASTED! The Story of Food Waste! Free Film Screening
- VCFA MFA in Film Screening: THE BURIAL OF KOJO
- Grow with Google
- Paul Gillies - The Law of the Hills
- PoemCity Montpelier 2019
- Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Disease Workshop
- Sculptural Crochet
Receive breaking news updates for news beyond the ordinary.
Games & Contests
Vote, compete and participate in Times Argus games and contests like the Best of the Best Reader's Choice Awards, the College Basketball brackets, Pet photo contests and more. Thousands of dollars of prizes and gift certificates at stake over the course of the year. Two or three emails a month at the most.
The Scene - Event Newsletter
Get updates on events, live music and things to do in Central Vermont and around Vermont, to your inbox every Thursday morning.
Vermont Arts Newsletter
Get news and features on Vermont artists and performers in theater, classical music, pop music, folk and opera. Read up on visual arts and what's happening with the local live music scene.
Times Argus Sports News
Need your daily fix of local sports news for Central Vermont? You'll find it here, with the daily Times Argus sports newsletter. For features, scores, recaps and photos of your local high school sports, auto racing, summer baseball and more, sign up now!
The Daily - News Headlines
With the Daily, you'll get news, obituaries opinion and features seven days a week. On Saturday, you'll get the Weekend Magazine version of this email, and on Sunday and Monday you'll get shorter recap versions of The Daily.