THOMPSON, Conn. – Williamstown driver Jimmy Hebert pulled away late to win a barnburner in t…
A ninth-inning rally fell just short for the Vermont Mountaineers during Saturday’s 7-5 loss…
WESTON – Milo is bored. Even when his friends invite him to join them, he doesn’t want to. H…
SOUTH BURLINGTON – Hunger Free Vermont announced the election of Erin Miller Heins, attorney…
MONTPELIER — Renewable Energy Vermont announced five newly elected members to its board of d…
WILLISTON — Building Bright Futures announced that Dr. Morgan Crossman, a native Vermonter f…
BURLINGTON — Winooski resident Sarah Voigt Pritchard has been named as the chairwoman of the…
HOLYOKE, Mass. — The Mountaineers fell to the two-time defending league champion Valley Blue…
WESTON – Milo is bored. Even when his friends invite him to join them, he doesn’t want to. He’s bored, bored, bored – until he finally takes a risk, and enters “The Phantom Tollbooth.”
EAST MONTPELIER — Jim Willis has been teaching math for 53 years, and on Friday evening, the man who is suddenly between jobs showed he has a way with words. Not big ones, but good ones.
MONTPELIER — There were bittersweet moments at the Class of 2019 graduation at Montpelier High School in the Capital City on Friday.
- US maple syrup production up despite shorter season
- Vermont sex offender arrested for allegedly touching girl
- Police: Vermonter dies in boating accident on Lake Champlain
- Vermont warns about elder financial abuse
- VT Lottery
- Vermont DEC meetings focus on Passumpsic River Basin
- Vermont companies: Tariffs are cutting into bottom line
- Bennington to pay $21K for wetlands permitting violation
THOMPSON, Conn. – Williamstown driver Jimmy Hebert pulled away late to win a barnburner in the American-Canadian Tour Thompson 75 at Connecticut’s Thompson Speedway on Saturday.
A ninth-inning rally fell just short for the Vermont Mountaineers during Saturday’s 7-5 loss against the North Adams SteepleCats at Joe Wolfe Field.
HOLYOKE, Mass. — The Mountaineers fell to the two-time defending league champion Valley Blue Sox on Friday, suffering a 5-2 loss in New England Collegiate Baseball League action at McKenzie Stadium.
BARRE — Hometown racer Jeffrey Martin won a thriller in the Allen Lumber Street Stock feature on Casella Waste Systems Night before rain cut the rest of the program short Friday. Martin got th…
- Tampa Bay try: Rays expand roles for 2-way players in minors
- Lloyd scores 2 and the US downs Chile 3-0 at the World Cup
- Encarnación to join Yankees on Monday, become primary DH
- Escrow tops NHL players' list of concerns ahead of CBA talks
- Lloyd, Pugh, Press among 7 new starters for US vs. Chile
- Thailand scores 1st World Cup goal in 5-1 loss to Sweden
- India posts record, sets Pakistan 337 to win World Cup game
- Márquez wins Catalonia GP after crash takes out challengers
Lee D. Jones SEATTLE, Wash. — Lee D. Jones, beloved husband, father, grandfather, born Oct. 11, 1929, to Albion and Gertrude (Densmore) Jones, died peacefully on May 15, 2019, in Seattle, afte…
Robert B. Jones, Sr. BERLIN — The graveside service to honor and celebrate the life of Robert Bennon Jones, Sr., 84, will be held on Friday, June 21, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. in the Vermont Veterans …
Margery Swett Walker HANOVER, N.H. — Margery Swett Walker, 93, died June 12, 2019, at her home in Kendal at Hanover, New Hampshire, following a stroke. Born April 14, 1926, in Oak Park, Illino…
In one of my favorite movies, “Gettysburg,” there’s a scene in which Joshua Chamberlain, col…
Death is always one moment away for most young, wild creatures in springtime.
Have you seen a spotted lanternfly? If you live in New England, and answered “no,” that’s go…
There are weeds to worry about. There is even one that I fear. But most weeds are just a nui…
- Rapper T.I. and Atlanta church work to end mass imprisonment
- Sunnei to Palm Angels, streetwear in fashion focus in Milan
- Franchise fatigue continues with 'Men in Black' and 'Shaft'
- Meghan and Harry release Father's Day photo of baby Archie
- Summer camp is newest front in battle with measles outbreak
- New Mexico film industry up amid abortion fights elsewhere
- Guam Catholic group protests recruitment of abortion doctors
We are growing more concerned about civic discourse and the democratic process in Montpelier.
A lot of grumbling and criticism has greeted the end of this session of the state Legislatur…
“Russia, if you’re listening …” started it. “I think I’d take it …”, “You don’t call the FBI…
Words cannot begin to express my sincere level of gratitude to Central Vermont Home Health a…
On a weekly basis, one can count on hate letters to the editor from the Socialist Left again…
The foothold and conibear traps are the tools of choice for wildlife control professionals a…
Until now, I’ve resisted the urge to jump into the discussion about the appeal to the Vermon…
I want to thank Times Argus Editor Steve Pappas for writing “Food for thought,” an editorial…
Thinking about the Montpelier parking garage, I think this would be a good time to rethink t…
- Peace & Justice Center Workshop
- Under Milkwood Stage Reading
- Responding to the Humanitarian Crisis at Our Borders
- Youth Activist Summit
- Staged Reading: Under Milk Wood
- B3 Fest - Bikes, Brews & Beats
- Bread and Puppet Presents: Diagonal Life: Theory and Praxis
- The Complete History of Comedy (Abridged!)
Receive breaking news updates for news beyond the ordinary.
Games & Contests
Vote, compete and participate in Times Argus games and contests like the Best of the Best Reader's Choice Awards, the College Basketball brackets, Pet photo contests and more. Thousands of dollars of prizes and gift certificates at stake over the course of the year. Two or three emails a month at the most.
The Scene - Event Newsletter
Get updates on events, live music and things to do in Central Vermont and around Vermont, to your inbox every Thursday morning.
Vermont Arts Newsletter
Get news and features on Vermont artists and performers in theater, classical music, pop music, folk and opera. Read up on visual arts and what's happening with the local live music scene.
Times Argus Sports News
Need your daily fix of local sports news for Central Vermont? You'll find it here, with the daily Times Argus sports newsletter. For features, scores, recaps and photos of your local high school sports, auto racing, summer baseball and more, sign up now!
The Daily - News Headlines
With the Daily, you'll get news, obituaries opinion and features seven days a week. On Saturday, you'll get the Weekend Magazine version of this email, and on Sunday and Monday you'll get shorter recap versions of The Daily.