BARRE — The Rice girls lacrosse team built a five-goal halftime lead and Hadley Murphy finis…
BURLINGTON — A mortgage company has begun foreclosure proceedings against a Williston man, w…
Randolph is 10 miles away from Vermont’s geographic center, it can be a bellwether town poli…
EAST MONTPELIER — A judge has dismissed a lawsuit an East Montpelier family filed suing the …
EAST MONTPELIER — The town is updating plans to address hazard mitigation, emergency managem…
BARRE — A Plainfield man accused of burglary has been placed on probation after completing d…
BERLIN — Responding to concerns raised by Crosstown Road residents, the Planning Commission …
BARRE — Thunder Road’s longest-running four-cylinder division is back to bring the thrills i…
It’s no secret that Vermonters have been grumbling about high school field conditions the pa…
BURLINGTON — A mortgage company has begun foreclosure proceedings against a Williston man, who is going on criminal trial next week on five counts of second-degree murder for a fiery car crash…
EAST MONTPELIER — A judge has dismissed a lawsuit an East Montpelier family filed suing the town and its administrator in an effort to get emergency coverage from Montpelier.
EAST MONTPELIER — The town is updating plans to address hazard mitigation, emergency management and stormwater issues.
BARRE — A Plainfield man accused of burglary has been placed on probation after completing drug treatment court.
- Bill to boost future governor's pay gets tabled
- Vermont House approves raising smoking age to 21
- Vermont officials celebrate new medical building
- VT Lottery
- Regulators, lawmakers probe E-911 weaknesses
- Police recover weapons believed used in Burlington shooting
- A Catholic convent in Vermont's largest city is closing
- The Latest: Klobuchar stops short of calling for impeachment
BARRE — The Rice girls lacrosse team built a five-goal halftime lead and Hadley Murphy finished with eight goals Tuesday, spoiling Spaulding’s season opener during a 13-5 victory.
Randolph is 10 miles away from Vermont’s geographic center, it can be a bellwether town politically and its high school enrollment is right around the norm.
BARRE — Thunder Road’s longest-running four-cylinder division is back to bring the thrills in 2019. The Allen Lumber Street Stocks begin their championship season May 5, and will once again fe…
It’s no secret that Vermonters have been grumbling about high school field conditions the past few weeks.
- Early goals help lift Bruins beat Maple Leafs 5-1 in Game 7
- LEADING OFF: Sabathia nearing 3,000 Ks, Snell's toe a go
- Leonard has 27 as Raptors rout Magic 115-96, clinch series
- The Latest: Accuser details claim against Luke Walton
- MLB looks at Harper's ejection; no decision on discipline
- APNewsBreak: 2019 MLB payrolls drop due to signing bonuses
- Defending champion Caps face 'Mr. Game 7' and the Hurricanes
- Column: Tour better equipped for new round of Tigermania
Frank A. "Bud" Howlett ROCHESTER — The memorial service for Frank A. “Bud” Howlett, 95, who died Jan. 22, 2019, will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at Federated Church in Rochester. A r…
Freida Nadeau Garand BARRE — Freida N. Garand, 91, of Spring Hill, Florida, and formerly of Barre, died March 31, 2019. Born on Aug. 12, 1927, to Alex and Winifred Nadeau, of Graniteville, she…
Constance Hudson MONTPELIER — Calling hours for Constance Hudson, 89, who died March 24, 2019, are from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, April 26, at Guare & Sons Funeral Home. The graveside service wi…
The 2019 maple sugaring season has, for most, just ended in southern Vermont and New Hampshi…
Now is the time to decide where you should plant bulbs next fall.
Moulin de Gassac
I’m writing this a few days early; I’m not quite sure where I’ll be on deadline day. On the …
One of the most common questions I get from friends, family and community members is how to …
- Washington state bill limits measles vaccine exemptions
- Supreme Court struggles with Wisconsin drunken driving law
- Dem donors swoon, and sometimes fight, over Pete Buttigieg
- Mueller report release not exactly appointment viewing
- Jeweler, Sarah Jessica Parker settle breach-of-contract suit
- Diddy opens up about the death of soul mate Kim Porter
- Ukraine police find Impressionist painting stolen in France
I understand that abortion is an extremely controversial and emotional issue and that some p…
Humpty Trumpty sat on a wall,
At USDA, we celebrate Earth Day 2019 by offering big thank-yous to farmers here in Vermont f…
Bernie, I supported you wholeheartedly in 2016. This cycle, I am running against you.
Driving through Montpelier, the car keeps going bumpity-bumpity and that makes one feel a bi…
Saudi slaughter in Yemen, US Warplanes, political cartoon
Facts are in short supply these days, so we were disappointed to read Montpelier City Manage…
Over the past 28 years as a practitioner and teacher of primary care pediatrics at UVM’s Lar…
- PoemCity In Defense of Butterflies: Poets for Migrant Justice
- Bike Montpelier to Adamant with GMC
- Women's Ultimate Clinic
- WASTED! The Story of Food Waste! Free Film Screening
- VCFA MFA in Film Screening: THE BURIAL OF KOJO
- Grow with Google
- Paul Gillies - The Law of the Hills
- PoemCity Montpelier 2019
- Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Disease Workshop
- Sculptural Crochet
Receive breaking news updates for news beyond the ordinary.
Games & Contests
Vote, compete and participate in Times Argus games and contests like the Best of the Best Reader's Choice Awards, the College Basketball brackets, Pet photo contests and more. Thousands of dollars of prizes and gift certificates at stake over the course of the year. Two or three emails a month at the most.
The Scene - Event Newsletter
Get updates on events, live music and things to do in Central Vermont and around Vermont, to your inbox every Thursday morning.
Vermont Arts Newsletter
Get news and features on Vermont artists and performers in theater, classical music, pop music, folk and opera. Read up on visual arts and what's happening with the local live music scene.
Times Argus Sports News
Need your daily fix of local sports news for Central Vermont? You'll find it here, with the daily Times Argus sports newsletter. For features, scores, recaps and photos of your local high school sports, auto racing, summer baseball and more, sign up now!
The Daily - News Headlines
With the Daily, you'll get news, obituaries opinion and features seven days a week. On Saturday, you'll get the Weekend Magazine version of this email, and on Sunday and Monday you'll get shorter recap versions of The Daily.