Siblings Ben and Katharine Ogden are on opposite sides of a one-point battle following Frida…
NORTHFIELD — A Barre Town resident has received a Patriot Award from the Department of Defen…
WATERBURY — Two Vermont State Police troopers will hold a community meeting in Waterbury to …
MONTPELIER — Former Bennington state representative Kiah Morris brought a message of peace, …
The regional men’s college hockey scene will feature a lot more hometown flavor in a few yea…
BARRE — A Northfield man who allegedly failed to pay contractor bills worth thousands of dol…
BARRE — During what may have been its last official meeting, members of the Barre Supervisor…
EAST MONTPELIER — Sharp passing, crisp cuts and opportunistic defense helped give the U-32 g…
MONTPELIER — The Randolph girls basketball team used a 10-2 run in the third quarter to earn…
NORTHFIELD — A Barre Town resident has received a Patriot Award from the Department of Defense for supporting a citizen soldier.
WATERBURY — Two Vermont State Police troopers will hold a community meeting in Waterbury to discuss issues and share solutions.
MONTPELIER — Former Bennington state representative Kiah Morris brought a message of peace, hope and resilience to combat racial conflict during a visit to Montpelier High School on Friday.
BARRE — A Northfield man who allegedly failed to pay contractor bills worth thousands of dollars for his sandwich shop in Berlin was arraigned in Washington County criminal court this week.
- U of Vermont trustees choose Purdue prof as next president
- VT Lottery
- Suspect accused of kidnapping woman, son arraigned
- Many shades of meaning behind 'Medicare-for-all'
- Trial in capital killing case set to begin in late summer
- Editorials from around New England
- 23 from 13 countries take oath as new US citizens in Vermont
- Suspect in kidnapping and sex assault due in federal court
The regional men’s college hockey scene will feature a lot more hometown flavor in a few years, with two Central Vermont standouts poised to take their games to the next level.
EAST MONTPELIER — Sharp passing, crisp cuts and opportunistic defense helped give the U-32 girls a 31-26 victory over Williamstown in girls basketball action Thursday.
MONTPELIER — The Randolph girls basketball team used a 10-2 run in the third quarter to earn payback against Montpelier with Thursday’s 36-21 victory.
NORTHFIELD — High-scoring forward Amanda Conway and the Norwich women’s hockey team will host UMass-Boston at 3 p.m. Saturday in the semifinals of the New England Hockey Conference Tournament.
- Johnson builds 2-shot lead in Mexico as Woods rallies
- NASCAR's new rule package shrouded in unknowns before debut
- Aric Almirola leads Ford sweep in qualifying at Atlanta
- Kershaw shut down by Dodgers after ace not feeling right
- Semenya hearing ends, decision in 'pivotal' case late March
- Misbehaving owners hardly unheard of in pro sports
- Boeheim to coach Syracuse vs No. 1 Duke after fatal crash
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim to return for team's next game vs. Duke after hitting pedestrian in fatal crash
Alberta Wooster Wood BARRE — Alberta Wooster Wood, 93, of Barre, formerly of Randolph, South Royalton and Montpelier, passed away on Feb. 19, 2019, at Woodridge Rehabilitation and Nursing wher…
Robert W. Gagnon NORTHFIELD — Robert W. Gagnon, 73, of Northfield, died on Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, at the UVM Medical Center in Burlington. He was born on June 4, 1945, in Fall River, Massachus…
Richard T. Lyons ROOSEVELT, Okla. — Richard T. Lyons, 94, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019, at his home here, following a brief illness. He was born Feb. 9, 1925, in Montpelier, Vermont, son of Andr…
Musical happenings in and around the capital city.
Red Scare in the Green Mountains
Right around Valentine’s Day, parents always crush me with questions about their son’s or da…
Let’s face it. It can be hard to get outside during a Vermont winter to get some exercise an…
When we’re filing out our income tax returns, most of us are focused on how much money we’re…
The only thing I dislike about New England is that whenever I have an inspiration about a fe…
- Case against R. Kelly may be stronger this time
- R. Kelly's European concerts in doubt after new charges
- Fired Amazon worker with Crohn's sues over bathroom breaks
- 'American Pie' singer objects to coverage of ex's exhibit
- Hospital: 5 patients given overdoses may have been treatable
- Bakery On Main Introduces an Unsweetened Addition to Their Organic Oats & Happiness Oatmeal Cups Line
- Diane von Furstenberg fetes female Oscar nominees
Public parking needed
I voted 'yes' on the garage. It was not an easy or a quick decision. I spent a lot of time l…
It's tax time. Follow the money. It will assuredly lead to the truth.
I want to thank Republican Sen. Joe Benning for his support for Roe v. Wade (“The Abortion D…
I have a question for the city of Barre:
Well, well. The Donald (Duck) is now calling for unity and forgiveness now that he no longer…
Receive breaking news updates for news beyond the ordinary.
Games & Contests
Vote, compete and participate in Times Argus games and contests like the Best of the Best Reader's Choice Awards, the College Basketball brackets, Pet photo contests and more. Thousands of dollars of prizes and gift certificates at stake over the course of the year. Two or three emails a month at the most.
The Daily - News Headlines
With the Daily, you'll get news, obituaries opinion and features seven days a week. On Saturday, you'll get the Weekend Magazine version of this email, and on Sunday and Monday you'll get shorter recap versions of The Daily.
The Scene - Event Newsletter
Get updates on events, live music and things to do in Central Vermont and around Vermont, to your inbox every Thursday morning.
Times Argus Sports News
Need your daily fix of local sports news for Central Vermont? You'll find it here, with the daily Times Argus sports newsletter. For features, scores, recaps and photos of your local high school sports, auto racing, summer baseball and more, sign up now!
Vermont Arts Newsletter
Get news and features on Vermont artists and performers in theater, classical music, pop music, folk and opera. Read up on visual arts and what's happening with the local live music scene.