Dana sale profits likely going to school districtJune 26,2013
A dispute over who gets the money from the sale of the Dana school appeared over this week as the General Committee unanimously recommended the school district retain the funds.
The committee also gave its stamp of approval to the sale of the building to the Giancola family for $50,000. The sale, already approved by the School Board and city voters, no goes to the Board of Aldermen for final authorization.
Mayor Christopher Louras had made a case that the money should go to the city's general fund, but nobody championed that cause at the committee meeting Tuesday.
"I don't believe in putting an extra step in the dance because somebody's tail is going to get stepped on," Alderman Ed Larson said.MORE IN This Just InPEARL HARBOR, Hawaii — About 2,500 people gathered at Pearl Harbor on Saturday to remember those... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- MEDIA GALLERY
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation