Marsalis speaks, plays at UVMMay 20,2013
BURLINGTON — More than 3,000 University of Vermont students have received degrees at the school’s 211th graduation ceremony.
Jazz musician Wynton Marsalis was the commencement speaker at Sunday’s outdoor ceremony on the campus at the Burlington school. Following his talk, Marsalis picked up his trumpet and played “When the Saints Going Marching In” with the crowd clapping in time.
In all, more than 3,250 graduates received bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral and medical doctor degrees. Graduates came from 44 states and 17 countries.
Marsalis and four other people received honorary degrees.MORE IN This Just InPEARL HARBOR, Hawaii — About 2,500 people gathered at Pearl Harbor on Saturday to remember those... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- MEDIA GALLERY
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation