Vermont Farmstead Cheese wins silver medal at cheese competitionApril 18,2013
Cheese wins silver medal
WINDSOR — Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company won second place for its BrickHaus Tilsit cheese at the 2013 U.S. Championship Cheese Contest in Green Bay Wis. The U.S. Championship Cheese Contest is the first major national cheese competition of the year.
The competition graded products spanning 82 categories, with VFCC’s BrickHaus Tilsit receiving a 98.65 rating out of 100, placing it second in the Open Class Semi-Soft category. This year’s competition drew a record-breaking 1,702 entries from cheesemakers across the country.
“Our BrickHaus Tilsit has proven a favorite among industry experts and consumers alike, having received five awards for excellence in the past two years,” VFCC Head Cheesemaker Rick Woods said. “This cheese is a fantastic representation of our team’s talent and I’m thrilled that it’s getting the attention it deserves.”
VFCC is the recipient of 33 industry awards to date, a major accomplishment for the company which has been producing farmstead and artisanal cheeses for just over two years.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- MEDIA GALLERY
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation