• Candle fire destroys building
    March 11,2014
     

    Candle fire

    destroys building

    ST. JOHNSBURY Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.

    The fire Friday night displaced three families.

    The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.

    He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.

    MORE IN This Just In

    NEWPORT — An unidentified caller made a threat to the Department of Children and... Full Story

    RANDOLPH CENTER — A Midwest farmer with an innovative approach to managing his dairy... Full Story

    SHARON — The Vermont Public Service Department recently announced the completion of an... Full Story

    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS