• Candle fire destroys building
    March 11,2014

    Candle fire

    destroys building

    ST. JOHNSBURY Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.

    The fire Friday night displaced three families.

    The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.

    He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.

    MORE IN This Just In
    It will be a busy week in gubernatorial politics with two candidates holding formal campaign... Full Story
    KABUL, Afghanistan Confusion reigned in the wake of the deadly bombing Saturday of a hospital... Full Story
    Bombing at Afghan clinic kills at least 19
    Low-income mothers will soon have more choices of food for their families through a pre-exisiting... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS