• Candle fire destroys building
    March 11,2014

    Candle fire

    destroys building

    ST. JOHNSBURY — Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.

    The fire Friday night displaced three families.

    The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.

    He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.

    MORE IN This Just In
    BARRE — Ani McMannon pounded home a loose ball in the 51st minute and Brenna McMannon closed out... Full Story
    MORRISVILLE — Austin Taylor and Connor Woolley scored two goals apiece Wednesday, guiding the... Full Story
    FAYSTON — Jack Armstrong netted two goals in the first half Wednesday, giving the Gumbies a lead... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS