• Candle fire destroys building
    March 11,2014
     

    Candle fire

    destroys building

    ST. JOHNSBURY — Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.

    The fire Friday night displaced three families.

    The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.

    He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.

    MORE IN This Just In
    BARRE TOWN — Firefighters faced a collection of adverse conditions as a house... Full Story
    WILLISTON — Police are asking for help identifying the man who tried to steal roughly $800 worth ... Full Story
    Police ask for help identifying foiled Wal-Mart thief
    NEWBURY — Police said somebody stole booze and change from a Welch Road residence. Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS