Candle fire destroys buildingMarch 11,2014
ST. JOHNSBURY — Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.
The fire Friday night displaced three families.
The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.
He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.MORE IN This Just In
Full StoryFull Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed