• Candle fire destroys building
    March 11,2014

    Candle fire

    destroys building

    ST. JOHNSBURY — Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.

    The fire Friday night displaced three families.

    The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.

    He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — Both major candidates for Vermont governor have places they don’t want to go for... Full Story
    Scott, Minter differ on energy
    Even to skeptics, the presidential campaign of Sen. Full Story
    I had the opportunity to talk to the folks in Killington about the World Cup scheduled for... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS