• Candle fire destroys building
    March 11,2014

    Candle fire

    destroys building

    ST. JOHNSBURY ó Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.

    The fire Friday night displaced three families.

    The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.

    He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.

    MORE IN This Just In
    SOUTH BURLINGTON ó Who needs to go into the wild to see a moose? Full Story
    BARRE ó The Vermont Foodbank is encouraging people visiting pick-your-own orchards to pick and... Full Story
    COLCHESTER ó Industrial hemp growers have harvested their second crop since the Vermont... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS