• Candle fire destroys building
    March 11,2014
     

    Candle fire

    destroys building

    ST. JOHNSBURY Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.

    The fire Friday night displaced three families.

    The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.

    He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.

    MORE IN This Just In

    High school football coaches all over the state are weighing in on a proposed one-year... Full Story

    RANDOLPH — Nathan Gray (21 poitns) and Levi West (nine points) led the way for the... Full Story

    The Vermont Attorney General’s Consumer Assistance Program, or CAP, is warning of... Full Story

    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS