• Candle fire destroys building
    March 11,2014

    Candle fire

    destroys building

    ST. JOHNSBURY Firefighters in St. Johnsbury say a fire that burned the roof of an apartment building last week started when a bedroom candle ignited a window curtain.

    The fire Friday night displaced three families.

    The Caledonian Record reported that Assistant Fire Chief Marc LaRose, who managed the fire-fighting Friday, urged everyone to use caution when burning candles.

    He said a crew was able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom where the fire started, but flames had made their way into the attic. Firefighters could not find a quick access to the attic so they began pulling out the ceiling to get to the fire.

    MORE IN This Just In

    INDIANAPOLIS — Authorities charged two men with murder on Monday in the fatal shooting ... Full Story

    2 men charged with murder in killing of pastor’s wife

    MONTPELIER — The Shumlin administration says revenue forecasts will likely remain... Full Story

    WOODSTOCK — The 1,400 Windsor County residents who have a suspended driving license... Full Story

    Windsor County ‘Driver Restoration Day’ announced
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS