• Vt. man charged with murder found incompetent
    January 28,2014
     

    The Associated Press

    BURLINGTON -- A judge has determined that a man accused of killing a Vermont social worker in her Burlington home in 2010 is incompetent to stand trial.

    Jose Pazos has undergone several psychological evaluations since he was arrested.

    The 48-year-old Pazos has said he is competent to stand trial and to represent himself.

    Deputy Chittenden County State's Attorney Mary Morrissey said Monday the state will argue for Pazos' hospitalization so he can receive medication that eventually would enable him to be competent, the Burlington Free Press reports.

    Pazos is accused of killing Kathleen Smith on Nov. 9, 2010. Friends of Smith told police he held a grudge against her over a custody dispute involving his child.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — The 22 water systems in Vermont that draw from Lake Champlain are participating in a... Full Story
    Last week, economists for the Shumlin administration released an economic forecast that predicts... Full Story
    WASHINGTON — It took Ted Cruz three months to raise $10 million for his campaign for president, a... Full Story
    Data: 5 dozen give third of all campaign cash
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS