Man electrocuted clearing iceJanuary 01,2014
FAIRFIELD — Vermont State Police say a second person has died in the aftermath of last week’s ice storm.
Police said 48-year-old Harold Gosselin was killed while trying to clear ice from a relative’s roof in Fairfield. A metal rake he was using came in contact with a live wire.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Gosselin was standing on an aluminum ladder at the time of the incident Sunday.
Gosselin was pronounced dead at St. Alban’s Medical Center.
The first storm-related death occurred Dec. 23, when 60-year-old Mtchel Rowell of Albany was found dead at his home from carbon monoxide poisoning. Rowell had been running a generated in an enclosed, attached garage due to a power outage.MORE IN This Just InThe Associated Press Full StoryLocal contractors are looking forward to a busy construction season — a sign of an improving... Full StoryNORWICH — The Vermont town of Norwich is now the first community in the state where all municipal... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed