• Man electrocuted clearing ice
    January 01,2014

    Man electrocuted

    clearing ice

    FAIRFIELD Vermont State Police say a second person has died in the aftermath of last weeks ice storm.

    Police said 48-year-old Harold Gosselin was killed while trying to clear ice from a relatives roof in Fairfield. A metal rake he was using came in contact with a live wire.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that Gosselin was standing on an aluminum ladder at the time of the incident Sunday.

    Gosselin was pronounced dead at St. Albans Medical Center.

    The first storm-related death occurred Dec. 23, when 60-year-old Mtchel Rowell of Albany was found dead at his home from carbon monoxide poisoning. Rowell had been running a generated in an enclosed, attached garage due to a power outage.

    MORE IN This Just In
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS