• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
    By
     | December 19,2013
     

    RICHMOND — A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    Harwood Union graduate Haley Spittle was named North Atlantic Conference Player of the Week after... Full Story
    THETFORD – Monday’s rapid-fire, back-and-forth duel ended with a defensive chess match in overtime. Full Story
    BERLIN — When it comes to the town’s promise to take over a privately run water system that... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS