• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In

    Guard to hunters:

    Stay off our land

    The Vermont National Guard is issuing a... Full Story

    RUTLAND — The organization that runs the Vermont State Fair is poised to kick out a... Full Story

    Officials in two Rutland County school districts are among those proposing large cuts from... Full Story

    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS