• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
    By
     | December 19,2013
     

    RICHMOND — A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    CASTLETON — Rutland Post 31 pitcher Andy Kenosh called it “mojo. Full Story
    Rutland riding mojo into 3rd tourney game
    RUTLAND — More than 26,000 people were without power when severe thunderstorms rolled through the... Full Story
    Storm causes outages, leaves damage
    NORTHFIELD — A Norwich University professor has been awarded a research fellowship to support her... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS