• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    AUGUSTA, Maine — The chairwoman of Maine’s Unemployment Insurance Commission has... Full Story
    BURLINGTON The University of Vermont has received a $20 million donation its largest... Full Story
    BROOKFIELD A West Wardsboro resident is accused of driving drunk on Interstate 89 on Wednesday... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS