• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In

    MONTPELIER — A multi-car crash blocked Interstate 89 highway traffic for a period... Full Story

    MONTPELIER — Members of the city council are expected to receive an update Wednesday... Full Story

    BERLIN — The Washington County Sheriff’s Department says a Berlin man was... Full Story

    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS