• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND — A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    BARRE — Ani McMannon pounded home a loose ball in the 51st minute and Brenna McMannon closed out... Full Story
    MORRISVILLE — Austin Taylor and Connor Woolley scored two goals apiece Wednesday, guiding the... Full Story
    FAYSTON — Jack Armstrong netted two goals in the first half Wednesday, giving the Gumbies a lead... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS