• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
    By
     | December 19,2013
     

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER Former gubernatorial candidate Dan Feliciano plans to run for state auditor as a... Full Story
    HONOLULU Hawaii could become the first state in the United States to enter gun owners into an... Full Story
    Hawaii could be 1st to put gun owners in federal database
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS