• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In

    GENEVA — Doctors Without Borders called Wednesday for an independent fact-finding... Full Story

    Aid group seeks fact-finding mission over Kunduz strike

    The following is a sampling of calls to Barre Town police in recent days.

    Sept. Full Story

    NORTHFIELD — Partial service will be restored on Amtrak’s Vermonter line today... Full Story

    Northbound train back to normal
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS