• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
    By
     | December 19,2013
     

    RICHMOND — A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    BARRE — State democrats overwhelmingly voted to support Bernie Sanders for president while... Full Story
    Vermont Dems stand with Sanders
    A Vermont brewing company says a West Coast brewery is using its trademarked name. Full Story
    ST. JOHNSBURY — Almost 30 years before he became the last U.S. Full Story
    Former ambassador sheds light on Syrians’ values
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS