• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER Maralina Moore tucked away the game-winning goal on a 20-yard free kick in the 68th... Full Story
    HARDWICK The fourth-seeded Wildcats were on their heels at halftime before rallying with a pair... Full Story
    BRISTOL Goals from Brynne Quirion, Kia Cormier and Kyle Marie Heckler helped the red-hot... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS