• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    DUXBURY Harwood Union High School is preparing a life celebration for five students who were... Full Story
    The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife says the presence of a Canada lynx has been confirmed... Full Story
    WARDSBORO Vermont State Police said Friday that Kirby Staib of Wardsboro, who was allegedly... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS