• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In

    BARRE — A Waterbury man is accused of breaking into three central Vermont businesses. Full Story

    Miss some of the many amazing FlynnSpace shows last summer during the Burlington Discover Jazz... Full Story

    New series brings Discover Jazz Fest to TV

    MONTPELIER — Three people who intervened during the Barre City Place shooting in August... Full Story

    3 honored for response to shooting
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS