• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
    By
     | December 19,2013
     

    RICHMOND — A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In

    The 33rd Annual Vermont Corporate Cup Challenge and State Agency Race will take... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department is urging residents to avoid attracting... Full Story
    NORTHFIELD — Norwich University commemorated 100 years of Reserve Officers’ Training Corps at its... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS