• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND — A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — Neither of the two top Republican seeking office in Vermont this fall agrees with... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — Charges have been upgraded against two suspects in a deadly fire in Northfield last... Full Story
    STOWE — Ten months after two sons of the founder of Burton Snowboards caused an accidental fire... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS