• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
    By
     | December 19,2013
     

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In
    WESTMINSTER Vermont State Police say a passenger has died in an off-road vehicle crash in... Full Story
    POMFRET More than 1,000 trees and shrubs have been planted along three rivers in New Hampshire... Full Story
    WATERBURY Vermont State Police are investigating a weekend burglary at the Snowfire Auto... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS