• Heating pipes ends up toasting trailer
     | December 19,2013

    RICHMOND A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in the subzero temperatures this week sparked a fire that destroyed his home in Richmond.

    Richmond Fire Chief Tom Levesque said the man was using a portable propane heater, which started the fire on Summer Street on Tuesday morning.

    The man and his dog were uninjured.

    Levesque said in cold weather to make sure your heating system has been tuned up, not to use any open flames to thaw pipes, and instead to use a hair dryer or some other device.

    MORE IN This Just In

    INDIANAPOLIS — Authorities charged two men with murder on Monday in the fatal shooting ... Full Story

    2 men charged with murder in killing of pastor’s wife

    MONTPELIER — The Shumlin administration says revenue forecasts will likely remain... Full Story

    WOODSTOCK — The 1,400 Windsor County residents who have a suspended driving license... Full Story

    Windsor County ‘Driver Restoration Day’ announced
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS