• Vt. Guard postpones drill for 3k due to shutdown
    October 02,2013
     

    The Associated Press

    MONTPELIER - The head of the Vermont National Guard says he's postponing the October drill weekend because of the federal government shutdown.

    The guard's Plans, Operations and Training Branch is working to reschedule as it prioritizes training requirements. The event had been scheduled for this weekend.

    Maj. Gen. Steven Cray says it's too early to say how the federal government shutdown will affect guard readiness, but officials are working to minimize disruptions to members and families.

    On Tuesday, the guard announced that about 450 workers were being furloughed.
    Meanwhile, state officials say the impact of the shutdown should be minimal, if it doesn't last too long.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — Former Wall Street executive Bruce Lisman made his intention to run for... Full Story
    CABOT — Cabot Creamery’s permit to dispose of its dairy processing wastewater by spreading it on... Full Story
    MIDDLEBURY — The wife of a Vermont bicyclist who died in a bike-car crash has filed a lawsuit... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS