• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
    By
     | August 07,2013
     

    BURLINGTON ó The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadnít been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In

    NEWPORT — An unidentified caller made a threat to the Department of Children and... Full Story

    RANDOLPH CENTER — A Midwest farmer with an innovative approach to managing his dairy... Full Story

    SHARON — The Vermont Public Service Department recently announced the completion of an... Full Story

    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS