• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
     | August 07,2013

    BURLINGTON ó The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadnít been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In

    BARRE — A Waterbury man is accused of breaking into three central Vermont businesses. Full Story

    Miss some of the many amazing FlynnSpace shows last summer during the Burlington Discover Jazz... Full Story

    New series brings Discover Jazz Fest to TV

    MONTPELIER — Three people who intervened during the Barre City Place shooting in August... Full Story

    3 honored for response to shooting
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS