• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
    By
     | August 07,2013
     

    BURLINGTON — The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadn’t been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — Grace Phelps scored twice, while Victoria Gates, Ally Brink and Alaura Rich also... Full Story
    BURLINGTON — Republican gubernatorial candidate Phil Scott has been accused of breaking campaign... Full Story
    BRATTLEBORO — Entergy Nuclear says it has found a potential source of water infiltration into... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS