• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
     | August 07,2013

    BURLINGTON ó The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadnít been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER ó Both major candidates for Vermont governor have places they donít want to go for... Full Story
    Scott, Minter differ on energy
    Even to skeptics, the presidential campaign of Sen. Full Story
    I had the opportunity to talk to the folks in Killington about the World Cup scheduled for... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS