• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
    By
     | August 07,2013
     

    BURLINGTON — The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadn’t been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In
    WATERBURY CENTER – The Harwood golf team closed out the regular season Wednesday on its home... Full Story
    COLCHESTER — Green Mountain Valley School standout Ellie Urdang scored with nine seconds left in... Full Story
    Staff Reports

    STOWE — The Chelsea girls lacrosse team flexed its muscles against Stowe... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS