• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
    By
     | August 07,2013
     

    BURLINGTON — The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadn’t been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In
    The National Retail Federation, based in Washington, D.C., recently named Rep.Peter Welch, D-Vt. Full Story
    Retail group honors Welch
    BURLINGTON — PC Construction of South Burlington won the annual Deane C. Full Story
    MORRISVILLE — The Lamoille Economic Development Corp. Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS