• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
    By
     | August 07,2013
     

    BURLINGTON — The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadn’t been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — The League of Women Voters of Vermont will be taking part in National Voter... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — In his weekly report, City Manager William Fraser wrote that the Division of... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — The board of directors of the Central Vermont Humane Society recently named a new... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS