• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
    By
     | August 07,2013
     

    BURLINGTON — The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadn’t been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — Former gubernatorial candidate Dan Feliciano plans to run for state auditor as a... Full Story
    HONOLULU — Hawaii could become the first state in the United States to enter gun owners into an... Full Story
    Hawaii could be 1st to put gun owners in federal database
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS