• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
    By
     | August 07,2013
     

    BURLINGTON — The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadn’t been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In
    Harwood Union graduate Haley Spittle was named North Atlantic Conference Player of the Week after... Full Story
    THETFORD – Monday’s rapid-fire, back-and-forth duel ended with a defensive chess match in overtime. Full Story
    BERLIN — When it comes to the town’s promise to take over a privately run water system that... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS