• Burlington house fire reported to be caused by smoking materials
    By
     | August 07,2013
     

    BURLINGTON — The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the city was caused by smoking materials that hadn’t been properly extinguished.

    The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

    When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

    The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

    There were no injuries.

    MORE IN This Just In
    By Gordon Dritschilo
    Full Story
    Two Rutland High School seniors will play alongside the country’s best student musicians at the... Full Story
    Two RHS students selected for national orchestra
    Having no children myself, I was caught off guard when I recently read statistics showing that 73... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS